In an increasingly Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world, the diversity and growth of security threats creates a threat environment, which calls for a new and innovative approach to the way Government Agencies and their suppliers manage risk.
Ranging from terrorist attacks, cyber-enabled espionage and attacks, active armed offenders and general criminality, as well as the increasing concerns about foreign interference, both the public and private sectors have much to consider. The Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) has been developed to assist Australian Government entities to protect their people, information and assets, at home and overseas. The launch of the new PSPF reforms in the second half of 2018 created an opportunity for the evolution of the way Government Agencies, their partners, suppliers and staff manage these risks.
Building on the success of last year’s event, this year’s Protective Security in Government (PSG) Conference and Exhibition’s theme is focused on aspects related to building and maintaining a robust security and risk culture. The PSG 2019 continues to provide a unique opportunity for everyone involved in Government Security to network, update knowledge and skills, gain exposure to new trends and technology as well as hear directly from representatives of the Attorney-General’s PSPF team and other government sector stakeholders about latest trends.
Institute of Strategic Risk Management (ISRM), Australian Chapter Launch
Building on the success of last year’s event The PSG Conference 2019 is designed to fill the gap from where the Security in Government (SIG) Conference left off in 2016 and to provide an opportunity for those involved in government protective security in Australia to be updated on the following features:
• High level Australian and international presenters from a wide range of backgrounds.
• Plenary and information sessions on key protective security issues.
• Case studies with question and answer opportunities, encouraging audience interaction.
• The latest update on the current domestic and international security trends.
• The largest gathering of government and private sector security practitioners in one conference.
• An extensive trade exhibition featuring state of the art products and services from specialist security organisations.
• A PSG conference networking cocktail event.
• A unique opportunity to network with some of Australia’s leading security professionals and practitioners.
The speaker schedule this year is amazing and includes current case studies such as how Christchurch Hospital security response was applied during the recent attack as well as sessions being delivered by 3 of the IFSEC top twenty global influencers and thought leaders in security and fire for 2019.