TERMS OF SERVICE
Part A – Our relationship with you
We are PSG Conference (“PSG Conference”, “we”, “us” and “our”) ABN 34 628 467 238, a company incorporated under the laws of Brisbane, Australia.
These Terms govern your use of our service and access to any Event or Conference that we run. As used in these Terms (the “Service”) means the service provided by PSG Conference for attending, watching or networking via our Events or Conferences, including features and functionalities, the website, and interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with our service.
The agreement is between us and the person who completes any Event/Conference registration form upon purchasing a Ticket (or having a Ticket Purchased for them) (“you” or “your”). Your agreement with us consists of:
- Part A (Our relationship with you);
- Part B (General terms for all delegates);
- Part C (Attendee terms), which contains terms specific to registered attendees accessing the Event/Conference (“Attendee”, “you”, “your”); and
- (collectively, the “Terms”).
We are committed to protecting your personal information. These Terms include and incorporate by reference our here, which explains the types of information collected, stored, shared and processed in connection with the Event/Conference, how and why we use such information, who we share it with and your legal rights.
You should read this document carefully. These Terms govern your online registration, attendance at and/or participation at any Event/Conference that we run. By registering for the Event/Conference you agree that you have read and accepted these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, please do not register, attend or participate in the Event/Conference.
If you are registering on behalf of another person it is your obligation to make sure that the person attending is aware of these Terms and accepts them. By completing and submitting the registration form you are representing and warranting that you have made the person attending aware of these Terms and that they have accepted these Terms.
These Terms apply to you from the date of publishing and until these Terms are superseded by a new version. We may update these Terms at any time for legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect changes in our services or business practices.
Any amended Terms will be posted on here.
We have done our best to explain things clearly for you in this document but if you have any questions, please let us know.
For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please contact us at [email protected].
If you have any other questions, concerns, or complaints, you may contact us at i[email protected].
Part B – General terms for all delegates
We, in our sole discretion, and without any liability or obligation to refund, reserve the right to refuse participation to or to remove access to the Event/Conference anyone that we determine:
- is behaving in a manner that could disrupt, hinder or cause a nuisance to the Event/Conference or to the enjoyment of any other person or partner at the Event/Conference;
- represents a security or health & safety risk to the Event/Conference or to any person or partner; and/or
- fails to comply with, or is likely to fail to comply with, these Terms.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to or participation in the Event/Conference.
We try to make sure that the Event/Conference programmes, speakers, topics, platform, format and dates are correct at the time of publishing. Circumstances beyond our control may necessitate substitutions, alterations, postponements, or cancellations to the content, format, themes, name, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, timing, platform or dates of the Event/Conference. We reserve the right to do so at any time and will not be liable to you for ANY cost incurred by you as a result.
We will endeavour to notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any substitutions, postponements, or changes by posting the updated information on https://psgconference.com/. If the Event/Conference is postponed, we will provide you with access to the Event/Conference at a later date. No refunds will be provided if the Event/Conference is postponed.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of the Event/Conference, we will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation.
By attending the Event/Conference you acknowledge and agree that where you choose to participate in any capacity of the Event/Conference you are giving PSG Conference consent to create and store recordings of you. If you do not consent to being recorded, you can choose to leave the Event/Conference. You agree to permit us, or any third party licensed by us, to use, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise globally disseminate your likeness, name, voice and words in perpetuity in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media now available and hereafter developed, both before, during and any time after the Event/Conference, and in any form, without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit the media, the right to use the media (alone or together with other information), and the right to allow others to use or distribute the media.
By attending the Event/Conference you acknowledge and agree that where you choose to participate in the event, you agree to permit us, or any third party licensed by us, to use, distribute, broadcast your participation whether that be by name, job title, company you represent to our community.
The Event/Conference or the Services may contain links to third parties and to contributions uploaded by participants, including videos, images, descriptions, links and other content. We are not responsible or liable to these third party sites, and you should review any terms and conditions when entering those sites or viewing their content.
During the event you may optionally choose to download presentation resources. These resources are not inclusive in ticket purchase and require opt-in to receive communications from the corresponding presentation sponsor. By consenting, you agree for your registered name and email address to be securely passed to the third-party sponsor. This may be considered as sale of your personal data and may constitute cross-border transfer of personally identifiable information (PII) under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), hence your explicit consent is required. All sponsors are required to provide clear, easily accessible email subscription cancellation facilities and are forbidden from further sharing this data with outside parties. We take spam very seriously and exercise best efforts to ensure all third-parties involved comply with necessary privacy regulations. Any complaints of abuse should be forwarded to [email protected].
Service and the Event/Conference are for your personal and non-commercial use only and may not be shared with individuals beyond your household. For the duration of the Event/Conference we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access the Service and view the Event/Conference. Except for this, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
All intellectual property rights in and to the Event/Conference, the Event/Conference content, the Services and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event/Conference are owned by us, our related companies, and/or the Event/Conference sponsors or speakers participating in the Event/Conference. You agree not to reproduce, modify, distribute, license, perform, publish, create derivative works from or use (except as authorised and in accordance with these Terms) the Event/Conference or the Services for any reason.
Nothing in these Terms shall vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any intellectual property rights owned or used under licence by us or our related companies, or grant to you any right or licence to any other intellectual property rights of us or our related companies. All such intellectual property rights shall remain the exclusive property of us and our related companies.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organisation, or person to attempt to host or organise any event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to the Event/Conference or its affiliates without the express prior permission and cooperation of us. We reserve their right to take such action (legal or otherwise), including a claim for damages as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate in the circumstances.
When accessing and using the Website and its related subdomains you are prohibited from:
- violating any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- using the Service (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and you agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- promoting or providing information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any illegal acts;
- uploading or transmitting through the Service any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms or anything other harmful activity;
- overriding any security feature of the Website or jeopardise the security of your account or someone else’s account (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Website or use the Service as you);
- interfering with the operation of, or places an unreasonable load on, the Website (such as viruses, denial of service attack or gaming algorithms);
- using manual or automated software, devices or other means or processes to access, scrape or crawl the Website or any content or information contained in it or the Service;
- engaging in ‘framing’, ‘mirroring’, or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Website;
- removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website or from the Event/Conference;
- modifying, creating derivative works or copying or storing any significant portion of the Website or Event/Conference or any related technology (unless allowed by law or we expressly authorise);
- using filming equipment, screen capture or recording software, or any other devices to record the Event/Conference;
- using the Website (or any part of it) in a manner which may result in; (i) the Website and/or the Event/Conference being interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such manner designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or Website; (ii) sharing any material which is unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, pornographic, discriminatory, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or otherwise objectionable, defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) impairing the effectiveness or functionality of the Website or the Event/Conference; or (iv) violating or infringing the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, confidentiality and/ or privacy) of the Website;
- attempting to grant any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website;
- copying or distributing any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- altering or modifying any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use; or
- reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling deciphering or otherwise attempting to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Website or any related technology, or any part thereof unless allowed by law.
We may terminate or restrict your use of our service if you violate these Terms or are engaged in illegal or fraudulent use of the service.
To the extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties or conditions, either express or implied, or any part of them in respect of any aspect of the Event/Conference or any related materials. You acknowledge and agree that in accepting these Terms you have not relied on any representation or warranty that is not expressly included in these Terms and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these Terms.
The Event/Conference (including but not limited to: videos, transcripts, audio etc.) is made available AS IS and PSG Conference do not offer any warranty of any kind, or represent that the Event/Conference will be accurate, complete, or error-free. We are not liable for the usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communication of the ideas presented in any element of the Event/Conference.
You acknowledge and agree that views expressed by speakers at or in connection with the Event/Conference are their own and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any advice given or views expressed during or in connection with the Event/Conference.
Materials shared or distributed at or in connection with the Event/Conference are intended for information purposes only and should not be relied upon by you or others. We and our related companies do not provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the materials are complete or accurate and do not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event/Conference and/or any information provided at the Event/Conference.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law:
- (a) we and our related companies shall not be liable to you whether in contract, tort (including for negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any for any loss of profits; loss of sales or business; loss of agreements or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of income; loss of opportunity; loss of or damage to goodwill; loss of use or corruption of software, data or information; and/or similar losses or pure economic loss, or for any indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising under or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms, even if we had been advised of the possibility of same in advance; and
- (b) subject to paragraph (c) (below), our total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Terms is limited to the total amount paid by you to us for your ticket to participate and access the Event/Conference, after the payment of any processing fees or bank charges applicable.
- (c) Nothing in these Terms purports to exclude or limit liability for any fraudulent statement or act or in respect of any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, third-party service providers, and our respective employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors harmless from all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise out of or are related to any breach of the Terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your attendance or participation or access to the Event/Conference.
The clauses of these Terms which by their nature should survive if the Agreement between you and PSG Conference is terminated, shall survive such termination. If any provision or provisions of these Terms shall be held to be unenforceable invalid or illegal, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall remain in effect and full force.
It is possible that the Event/Conference and/or some of the Services may not be available may not be available at any given time due to (a) power or server outages or issues (b) update or maintenance periods (c) as a result of a war, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (d) epidemic or pandemic; (e) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (f) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (g) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority; (h) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (i) any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts; (j) non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors; (k) interruption or failure of utility service and/or (l) electronic or communications failure. We will take reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of interruption to the Service or Event/Conference. Where the Online Service or Services are unavailable, we shall have no liability to you.
We are not liable if the Event/Conference is, in whole or in part, cancelled, rescheduled or postponed, or for any failure or delay to perform our obligations under these Terms, including if such event results from anything beyond our reasonable control (for example (a) power or server outages or issues (b) update or maintenance periods (c) as a result of a war, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (d) epidemic or pandemic; (e) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (f) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (g) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority; (h) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (i) any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts; (j) non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors; and (k) interruption or failure of utility service , (l) electronic or communications failure y) or anything else that renders performance of the Event/Conference, in whole or in part, impracticable, illegal or impossible.
This interpretation, formation and operation of the Terms and all non-contractual obligations arising from or connected with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, and all disputes between the parties arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms or any disputes between the parties in any way connected with the subject matter of these Terms (whether contractual or non-contractual) shall be governed by, the laws of Victoria, Australia.
We do not offer Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). If you have a complaint please contact us at [email protected].
Nothing contained in the Terms shall limit our right to bring enforcement proceedings in another jurisdiction or to seek interim, protective or provisional relief in the courts of another jurisdiction.
If a court with jurisdiction over these Terms finds that any part of these Terms is wholly or partly unenforceable, you and us agree that where possible, the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree that the court should not have regard to that unenforceable part but still enforce the rest of these Terms.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms or we do not act or delay in acting to in exercise a right or remedy provided by these Terms that does not mean we have waived our rights or remedies against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with your obligations.
These Terms are personal to you. You agree not to assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without receiving our prior written consent. We may assign or transfer these Terms without your consent by providing you with notice.
You and us agree that no agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind us in any respect.
You agree that the only way you can provide us with a legal notice is at the address(s) set out in Part A above (our Registered Address). We will send all information related to the Event/Conference and Services in electronic form only such as the email address you have provided us on registration. To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of the Terms is binding and any translations are for convenience only.
You agree that the Event/Conference is intended for informational, entertainment and networking purposes only. The Services or the Event/Conference do not constitute legal, financial, professional, medical or tax advice and cannot be used for such purposes. You acknowledge that all information and content accessed by you using the Services and the Event/Conference is at your own risk. We do not endorse or recommend any Party participating in the Event/Conference. We expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility for usage of, implementation of, impact from, or communications of the ideas or discussions presented by any Attendee, speaker or other participant at the Event/Conference.
In these Terms:
- a reference to the Terms includes all its parts described in Part A, and includes any amendment to or replacement of them;
- headings are for reference purposes only and do not form part of the Terms;
- a reference to a statute, code or other law includes regulations and other instruments under it and consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements of any of them;
- the singular includes the plural, and vice versa; and
- “includes”, “including”, “for example”, “such as” and similar terms are not words of limitation.
If you are a consumer, nothing in these Terms excludes any of your applicable consumer or other statutory legal rights that cannot be waived.
If an individual purchases a general Attendee ticket before purchasing a start-up ticket we reserve the right to grant a full, partial, or no refund at our sole discretion.
Part C – Attendee terms
We reserve the right to change the ticket prices at any time but any changes will not affect tickets that have already been purchased.
A valid ticket entitles you to access the Event/Conference as an Attendee.
We are not obligated to offer any discounts for the Event/Conference and reserve the right to chance or withdraw a discount offer at any time in our sole discretion.
Please see our Refund Policy which covers information regarding Refunds and Cancellations.
The tickets you purchase are for your own personal use and may not be resold under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition. This includes subsidised tickets.
Reselling or otherwise transferring your ticket, not in accordance with the Terms, will void the ticket and the ticket holder will not gain access to the Event/Conference. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket re-selling or ticket broker.